About the Office of Research Computing
Office of Research Computing Mission: To facilitate and enhance computationally-intensive research at BYU by providing reliable, state-of-the-art, high performance computing (HPC) resources to faculty and students.
- The Office of Research Computing provides high performance computing (HPC) resources for research purposes. Our servers do NOT handle enterprise services such as payroll, registration, etc.
- BYU faculty, students, and their associated collaborative researchers who have computationally intensive problems to solve are welcome to request access to our resources.
- Resources are provided at no charge. Users are required to provide a statement to justify their need.
- We build and operate HPC systems: clusters of servers or large memory computers that are fine tuned and dedicated for intense processing needs. HPC includes fast servers, fast disk storage, and fast networks that connect everything together.
- The Office of Research Computing reports to the CIO of BYU. We are not part of OIT nor are we part of an academic department or college.
- There are 862 servers that are used by hundreds of users.
Please refer to Acceptable Usage Policy for additional information.